One of the Cuban Five, René González, presented Venezuelan President, Nicolás Maduro, with a pastel painting featuring late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chávez by Cuban anti-terrorist Antonio Guerrero, unjustly locked at Mariana prison in Florida.
On hand at the presentation was Chávez’s daughter Maria, Guerrero’s mother, Mirta Rodríguez, his sister Maruchy, and Rene González’s wife Olga Salanueva, The piece is based on a photo by Cuban photographer, Alex Castro. President Maduro thanked René for the gesture as a tribute to Commander Hugo Chávez Frías and as an expression of the willingness to continue the struggle for the release of the Cuban Five.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Havana prepares to begin the first stage of mass vaccination against COVID-19
- 60th anniversary of Cuban airport bombings commemorated
- Cuba reports 1026 new COVID-19 cases, twelve deaths
- Raul Castro expresses confidence in Cuba´s future
- Díaz-Canel elected the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba