Norway's Hurtigruten halts cruises after COVID-19 outbreak

MS Roald Amundsen leaves a port in Tromso, Norway.  (Photo: Terje Pedersen/NTB Scanpix/ via Reuters)

Oslo, August 5 (RHC)-- Norwegian cruise line Hurtigruten is halting all its expedition cruises until further notice following an outbreak of COVID-19 on one of its vessels last week, the company said.

At least 40 passengers and crew from the MS Roald Amundsen cruise liner have so far tested positive for the coronavirus, according to public health officials.

"Our own failure, as well as the recent rise in infections internationally, have led us to halt all expedition cruises in Norwegian and international waters," Chief Executive Daniel Skjeldam said in a statement.
 

Edited by Ed Newman



Commentaries


MAKE A COMMENT
All fields required
NOT TO BE PUBLISHED
captcha challenge
up