Havana, November 17 (RHC) Cuban armed forces, reserve troops and the population will participate in the strategic defense exercise Bastion 2013 November 19-22.
The drill will include command centers comprehensively made up of bodies of the Communist Party, the government, military units and enterprises.
The exercise will wind up with National Defense Days on November 23 and 24, in which thousands of Cubans will join the Cuban defensive strategy known as the War by all the People, according to Juventud Rebelde newspaper.
Bastion 2013 will take place throughout the island and it will involve the largest number possible of regular troops, reserve and the people.
The military exercise takes into account the Cuban combat traditions and the experience of other nations. The event was first carried ou in 1980, when under US president Ronald Reagan, the danger of a US military aggression against Cuba considerably increased.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Price gouging at the pump results in 235% profit jump for Big Oil
- Vice-president-elect of Colombia arrives in Bolivia
- Alberto Fernandez travels to presidential inauguration ceremony in Colombia
- UN committee expresses concern over UAE torture of Yemenis
- Decathlonist Sanchez satisfied in the Under-20 World Athletics Championships