Havana, December 13 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President Jose Ramon Machado Ventura said in Cienfuegos that the country will increase its production of sugar given the abundant supply of cane to be processed.
During a visit to a local sugar plant, Machado Ventura said industrial repairs have improved, and this has a crucial impact on the success of the process, according to the Cuban news agency.
“We need to produce more sugar, and we have industrial capacities to further exploit our agricultural potential. In a couple of years, we will see a jump forwards in this regards, Ventura said, while pointing to the need to plant more cane and to extend the industrial process in upcoming campaigns.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Cuba has a drug against Alzheimer's disease
- J&J spinoff company faces talcum powder cancer lawsuits
- UN chief warns world on one way ticket to disaster over climate
- Ed Snowden says: If you love truth, you're as much of a criminal as Julian Assange
- Nicaragua receives 1.2 million Cuban anticoviral vaccines