Havana, December 14 (RHC).--- Cuban deputy minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, Antonio Carricarte, bestowed on Spanish citizen Juan Arenas the Friendship Medal, which is granted by the Cuban Council of State.
The medal acknowledges the friendship and solidarity of the Spanish citizen towards Cuba and its Revolution, according to the document backing the granting of the medal, which was read during the 9th Session of the Cuba-Spain Bilateral Entrepreneurial Cooperation Committee in Havana.
Arenas' long-standing work to develop and defend bilateral economic relations between Spain and Cuba was also highlighted in the document.
For over 15 years now, the Spanish citizen has closely collaborated with the Cuban Chamber of Commerce by contributing his knowledge, initiatives and experience to further deepen bilateral commercial links.
Upon receiving the medal, Arenas said that he has only worked to reciprocate what he has received in this country and he also stressed all he has learned in Cuba during so many years of work.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Virtual exhibition of abstract art pays tribute to pioneer of artistic discipline in Cuba
- EGREM continues releasing tracks from ‘Omara 90’
- Mexican president says NSO spying is shameful
- Amazon cuts business ties with Israeli spyware maker NSO Group
- US solidarity groups send 6 million syringes to Cuba