Cuban singer, Esther Borja, passed away in Havana at the age of 100.
An institution of Cuban song and music, she was born in the Cuban capital in 1913 and had an extensive and successful career on stages of the island and other countries.
With a unique voice of ample tessiture, Borja was one of the main singers of pieces by iconic figures of the island’s music scene and culture, such as Gonzalo Roig and Rodrigo Prats, as well as whom is considered the most universal Cuban musician, pianist and composer, Ernesto Lecuona.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Tropical Storm Ian advances through the Caribbean, threatening Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Cuba
- At least two killed after 6.8 magnitude earthquake rattles Mexico on Thursday
- Cambodian prime minister arrives in Cuba on official visit
- Bahamas, Grenada, and St. Vincent and Grenadines against the blockade of Cuba
- Cubans to go to the polls for Family Code referendum