Havana, November 4 (RHC)- The strengths, weaknesses and challenges of the trade union movement were discussed at length at the Twentieth Congress of the Cuban Trades Union Center held over the weekend in Havana.
Delegates from all over the country examined the role of trade union locals, procedures that either favor or hinder efficiency in the workplace.
The conference was chaired by Political Bureau Members Salvador Valdès y Mercedes Lopez, who urged the meeting to promote a closer interaction between management and labor with a view to improved quality and output.
Trade union locals, the speakers insisted, should pay close attention to worker proposals with these aims in mind.
The meeting in Havana brought to a conclusion the nationwide preparations for the Trades Union Congress,to be held in Febrary next year.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Alberto Fernandez travels to presidential inauguration ceremony in Colombia
- Mexico and Bolivia promote alliance for lithium production
- Explosion and fire reported in a fuel tank in Cuba
- Mexican President López Obrador invites Colombia's Petro to visit
- Canada seeks extradition of French priest accused of abusing Indigenous children