Havana, August 1 (RHC) – The famous Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba Company is set to perform at the National Auditorium with the internationally successful show ¡Cuba Vibra! on Thursday, August 9th.
At a Havana news conference, company director Lizt Alfonso said that ¡Cuba Vibra! to be staged at the renowned Mexican theater is a mixture of the best moments of the company’s best shows and pieces, such as Alas, Elementos, Vida, Fuerza y Compás and others. The ensemble is bringing to Mexico 26 male and female dancers and musicians from the company’s band that is set to play music live.
August 11th will also be another date for a unique Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba performance at the Teopansolco Cultural Center with the same show, highlighting 26 years of the ensemble’s work, said Alfonso.
Mexican ambassador to Cuba, Enrique Martinez, highlighted that what is uniting Cuba and Mexico this time is another concrete event at the majestic Auditorium, a site in which many international and local singers, dancers and others have been a hit.
Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba is set to take a tour of Canada in February and March and of the United States in March and April with a new show and with ¡Cuba Vibra!
Established in 1991, the ensemble has taken its art to more than 200 cities from around the world, including important stages, such as the City Center and New Victory Theater in New York, USA; the Shanghai Oriental Art Center in China; the Oude Luxot Theater of Rotterdam, Holland; the Thalia Theater in Hamburg, Germany; Cairo Opera House in Egypt; Place de Arts of Montreal and Royal Alexandra Theater in Canada, and Havana’s Grand Theater Alicia Alonso.
Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba is the first Cuban company to have performed at the New Victory Theater off Broadway in 2003 and 2015 and at the Latin Grammy Awards ceremony at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2961
- today: 641
- online: 105
- total: 5047940