Barranquilla, July 20 (RHC)-- The Cuban delegation began its activities in the Central American and Caribbean Games Friday, competing in 17 disciplines, in Barranquilla, Colombia, the main stage, and the sub-districts of Bogotá and Cali, where the medals table open with the cycling time trials.
According to the official site of the multi-sport event running until August 3, Cubans will be in 12 individual and five collective disciplines, with the purpose of climbing the medal table and ending in first place, to maintain their position held since the Panama 1970 games.
In Barranquilla they take part in basketball, Elias Chewing Coliseum; handball - Coliseum Sacred Heart of Jesus School; baseball - Edgar Renteria Stadium; and diving - Aquatic Complex.
They will also be in artistic gymnastics - Puerta de Oro Events Center; weights - Coliseo Universidad del Atlántico; swimming-Aquatic Complex; racquetball - Racquet Park La Castellana; and softball - Estadio Pequeñas Leagues.
The relationship is completed by taekwondo - Coliseo Colegio Marymount; table tennis - Puerta de Oro Events Center; sailing - Puerto Velero; and volleyball - Humberto Perea Coliseum.
Cali will host Cuba in the modern pentathlon -Club Campestre; the individual time trial -biking paths route of the city; and rowing -Lago Calima-.
In Bogota the riders will debut with their horses - Centro Ecuestre de Bogotá and Parque La Florida-, but with finals on the 22nd.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1907
- online: 111
- total: 5863680