Barranquilla, July 23 (RHC)-- With 18 gold, 16 silver and 12 bronze medals, the Cuban delegation climbed to third position in the medal table of the XXIII Central American and Caribbean Games, taking place in Barranquilla, and the sub-districts of Cali and Bogotá in Colombia.
Preceding Cuba are Mexico (32-29-29) and Colombia (27-18-19), respectively.
The Cubans climbed from fourth to third place on Sunday, the fourth day of competitions -- with 13 gold, 10 silver and six bronze medals. Venezuela (7-10-19), Puerto Rico (4-5-5), Dominican Republic (3-7-12), Trinidad and Tobago (3-1-2), Jamaica (3-0-1), Guatemala (2-8-8) and Bahamas (2-1-0) are the nations that follow Cuba in that order and the only ones that gained at least one title.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3208
- today: 675
- online: 91
- total: 5428094