Barranquilla, July 23 (RHC)-- With 18 gold, 16 silver and 12 bronze medals, the Cuban delegation climbed to third position in the medal table of the XXIII Central American and Caribbean Games, taking place in Barranquilla, and the sub-districts of Cali and Bogotá in Colombia.
Preceding Cuba are Mexico (32-29-29) and Colombia (27-18-19), respectively.
The Cubans climbed from fourth to third place on Sunday, the fourth day of competitions -- with 13 gold, 10 silver and six bronze medals. Venezuela (7-10-19), Puerto Rico (4-5-5), Dominican Republic (3-7-12), Trinidad and Tobago (3-1-2), Jamaica (3-0-1), Guatemala (2-8-8) and Bahamas (2-1-0) are the nations that follow Cuba in that order and the only ones that gained at least one title.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2505
- online: 141
- total: 5240937