Washington, July 23 (RHC)-- U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is enjoying a boost in nationwide support after the Republican National Convention, reaching a near tie situation with presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. A Reuters poll released on Friday found that Trump was now only three percentage points behind the former first lady in terms of national support, chasing her 41-38 percent.
Nevertheless, the poll marked a big jump ahead for the New York businessman and multi-billionaire, as he managed to cut Clinton's lead by nine points. Trump trailed Clinton by 12 points in last week's Reuters poll.
The real estate mogul formally accepted the Republican Party's nomination for the U.S. president this past week, after winning enough delegates for the position the day before.
The poll's findings fall along the same lines as a NBC News/Survey Monkey Weekly Election Tracking poll released on Tuesday, which put Trump within one point of Clinton, 46 percent to 45 percent.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4441
- today: 3908
- online: 168
- total: 3833055