Former U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders
Washington, July 25 (RHC)-- Former U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has been invited to join the Green Party, after being forced to end his bid in favor of former secretary of state Hillary Clinton. Jill Stein, the Green Party's presidential candidate said she'd welcome Bernie into the party.
Stein made the comments only a day after the whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks uncovered a secret plot by top leaders at the U.S. Democratic National Committee (DNC) to undermine Sanders' bid to win the party's 2016 presidential nomination.
More than 19,000 e-mails leaked by the website supports claims by the Sanders campaign that the DNC and its Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz sided with Clinton, who was also favored by President Barack Obama. The e-mails showed how some DNC officials tried to deal with the Vermont senator's popularity, which posed a direct challenge to the former first lady.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3116
- today: 2036
- online: 119
- total: 6039223