U.S. Priest Assassinated in Guatemala Stanley Rother
Guatemala City, December 6 (RHC)-- An U.S. priest assassinated in Guatemala in 1981 has moved a step closer to sainthood. The Vatican has now declared Reverend Stanley Rother to be a martyr.
Father Stanley Rother was killed by a right-wing death squad in his church rectory. He died on the same day U.S.-backed Guatemalan troops killed 13 people and wounded 24 others in the same town where he was shot.
Stanley Rother is the first American to ever be declared a martyr by the Catholic Church.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3226
- today: 219
- online: 109
- total: 5255995