U.S. Priest Assassinated in Guatemala Stanley Rother
Guatemala City, December 6 (RHC)-- An U.S. priest assassinated in Guatemala in 1981 has moved a step closer to sainthood. The Vatican has now declared Reverend Stanley Rother to be a martyr.
Father Stanley Rother was killed by a right-wing death squad in his church rectory. He died on the same day U.S.-backed Guatemalan troops killed 13 people and wounded 24 others in the same town where he was shot.
Stanley Rother is the first American to ever be declared a martyr by the Catholic Church.
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Puerto Rico is going through one of the most difficult crisis it has faced in its history
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2832
- today: 2578
- online: 124
- total: 5849995