U.S. Priest Assassinated in Guatemala Stanley Rother
Guatemala City, December 6 (RHC)-- An U.S. priest assassinated in Guatemala in 1981 has moved a step closer to sainthood. The Vatican has now declared Reverend Stanley Rother to be a martyr.
Father Stanley Rother was killed by a right-wing death squad in his church rectory. He died on the same day U.S.-backed Guatemalan troops killed 13 people and wounded 24 others in the same town where he was shot.
Stanley Rother is the first American to ever be declared a martyr by the Catholic Church.
- Cuban president reviews key investments in the Mariel Special Development Zone
- Washington's infamous record of twisting the truth to achieve its aims
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Trumpt will face his own demons this coming February
- Cuban president: 'we cannot underestimate our historical adversaries'
- Celia Sánchez, a fearless revolutionary
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3171
- today: 3077
- online: 150
- total: 5537630