Athens, January 31 (RHC)-- In Greece, members of the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party held a torchlight parade in Athens, calling for a ban on migrants entering Greece. Among those marching was member of Parliament Ilias Panagiotaros, who praised President Donald Trump’s ban on Muslim refugees and immigrants.
Ilias Panagiotaros told reporters: "We just see tens of thousands of illegal immigrants in our country and hundreds, thousands others that have already come to Greece years ago, and our country is an open field. Everyone can come whenever they want, and they can leave whenever they want. We would like to follow a policy like Donald Trump is doing in the States right now."
Golden Dawn is the third-largest party in the Greek Parliament. Its members have been arrested for assaulting and murdering immigrants and political opponents, and the group’s emblem is a red-and-black flag resembling a swastika. In October, the party endorsed Donald Trump in the U.S. election.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11930
- today: 1353
- online: 153
- total: 7117634