Washington, April 15 (RHC),-- In the United States, CIA chief Mike Pompeo blasted WikiLeaks Thursday as a "hostile intelligence service," in a stark reversal from his previous praise for the group. Pompeo made the remarks at a Washington, D.C., think tank in his first public address as director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
The CIA director called WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange a "narcissist" and a "fraud" who would have sided with dictators in the 1930s, ’40s and ’50s.
Last July, then-Congressmember Pompeo praised WikiLeaks for publishing e-mails hacked from the servers of the Democratic National Committee, writing in a tweet that has since been deleted, "Need further proof that the fix was in from Pres. Obama on down? BUSTED: 19,252 e-mails from DNC Leaked by Wikileaks."
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4048
- today: 4470
- online: 124
- total: 4245759