Moscow, May 31 (RHC-Xinhua), -- The Russian Navy successfully struck all Islamic State targets in the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra, the Defense Ministry said Wednesday.
The Admiral Essen frigate and Krasnodar submarine launched four Kalibr cruise missiles from the eastern Mediterranean against the IS positions with heavy equipment and militant manpower transferred from Raqqa, the IS stronghold in northern Syria, the ministry said in a statement.
The statement also said Russia had informed the U.S., Turkish and Israeli military forces of the strike in advance.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4501
- today: 517
- online: 114
- total: 6627909