Washington, January 17 (RHC)-- The Pentagon is planning to escalate the U.S. war in Afghanistan by sending an additional 1,000 combat advisers, as well as sending additional armed and surveillance drones. The U.S. war in Afghanistan is the longest war in U.S. history.
The escalation comes as the Pentagon has also indicated it plans to recruit and train thousands of U.S.-backed Kurdish fighters in Syria to form a border security force in northern Syria along the border with Turkey. U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish fighters already control large swaths of northern Syria.
Meanwhile, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan slammed the United States for the proposal and accused the Syrian Kurds of being terrorists.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 24
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 24
- RHC's national and international news stories August 23
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 23
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 23
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3532
- today: 2452
- online: 110
- total: 6281658