Protesters in favor of Planned Parenthood. Photo: AP
Washington, Feb 14 (RHC)-- The Donald Trump administration has been working secretly with a radical anti-abortion group on policies that make it easier for states to defund Planned Parenthood.
Politico reports that last month the Department of Health and Human Services announced changes that will allow states to exclude Planned Parenthood from Medicaid programs—a policy shift that came shortly after HHS received a draft legal analysis from the organization Alliance Defending Freedom, which has been designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
In a statement, Planned Parenthood Executive Vice President Dawn Laguens called the news “shocking and outrageous,” adding: “The Alliance Defending Freedom has spent decades trying to take away women’s access to health care and ability to control their own bodies and lives. The Trump-Pence administration has embraced this group’s philosophy and handed them the pen to make official U.S. government policy.”
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 769
- online: 107
- total: 5437491