Protesters arrested in Georgia anti-Nazi rally. Photo: AFP
Atlanta, April 24 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of Georgia, hundreds of militarized police officers patrolled a small rally of neo-Nazis in the Atlanta suburb of Newnan, arresting members of an anti-fascist counter-protest after they refused an order to remove their masks.
When some of the Antifa protesters refused to remove their masks, police moved in, brandishing semi-automatic assault rifles and pointing them at the heads of unarmed demonstrators. Ten people were arrested.
The police were enforcing laws drafted years ago to combat the Ku Klux Klan. After the protest, the neo-Nazis gathered in a field and made fascist salutes as they burned large wooden swastikas.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1490
- online: 118
- total: 5958106