Indonesian earthquake and Tsunami death toll tops 1,200. Photo: Reuters
Jakarta, October 1 (RHC)-- In Indonesia, the confirmed death toll from last Friday’s earthquake and tsunami has reached over 1,200 and is expected to rise even more as rescuers are just beginning to reach some of the more affected areas on the island of Sulawesi.
The 7.5 magnitude quake toppled hotels, mosques and shopping malls in the city of Palu. Landslides buried entire nearby villages and many of the victims buried under mud and debris.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4748
- today: 340
- online: 184
- total: 6766158