Indonesian earthquake and Tsunami death toll tops 1,200. Photo: Reuters
Jakarta, October 1 (RHC)-- In Indonesia, the confirmed death toll from last Friday’s earthquake and tsunami has reached over 1,200 and is expected to rise even more as rescuers are just beginning to reach some of the more affected areas on the island of Sulawesi.
The 7.5 magnitude quake toppled hotels, mosques and shopping malls in the city of Palu. Landslides buried entire nearby villages and many of the victims buried under mud and debris.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2791
- today: 314
- online: 129
- total: 5557094