Indonesian earthquake and Tsunami death toll tops 1,200. Photo: Reuters
Jakarta, October 1 (RHC)-- In Indonesia, the confirmed death toll from last Friday’s earthquake and tsunami has reached over 1,200 and is expected to rise even more as rescuers are just beginning to reach some of the more affected areas on the island of Sulawesi.
The 7.5 magnitude quake toppled hotels, mosques and shopping malls in the city of Palu. Landslides buried entire nearby villages and many of the victims buried under mud and debris.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 718
- online: 103
- total: 5935541