Damascus, March 19th (RHC) -- Syria's Foreign Ministry criticized the U.S. administration on Wednesday for suspending Syria's diplomatic mission in Washington, calling it an "arbitrary measure. "
The ministry said Washington has violated Vienna diplomatic agreements by expelling the staff, adding that the decision " exposes the real goals of America against Syria and the interests of the Syrian people."
The ministry further accused the U.S. of supporting terrorism and bloodshed in Syria. On Tuesday, the United States ordered the Syrian government to immediately suspend its embassy in Washington and consulates throughout the country.
The U.S. ordered Syrian diplomats at the embassy and consulates who are not legal U.S. residents to leave the country, Daniel Rubinstein, the U.S. special envoy for Syria, said in a statement.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 412
- online: 175
- total: 4078893