Damascus, March 19th (RHC) -- Syria's Foreign Ministry criticized the U.S. administration on Wednesday for suspending Syria's diplomatic mission in Washington, calling it an "arbitrary measure. "
The ministry said Washington has violated Vienna diplomatic agreements by expelling the staff, adding that the decision " exposes the real goals of America against Syria and the interests of the Syrian people."
The ministry further accused the U.S. of supporting terrorism and bloodshed in Syria. On Tuesday, the United States ordered the Syrian government to immediately suspend its embassy in Washington and consulates throughout the country.
The U.S. ordered Syrian diplomats at the embassy and consulates who are not legal U.S. residents to leave the country, Daniel Rubinstein, the U.S. special envoy for Syria, said in a statement.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2955
- today: 1768
- online: 127
- total: 4828554