Damascus, March 19th (RHC) -- Syria's Foreign Ministry criticized the U.S. administration on Wednesday for suspending Syria's diplomatic mission in Washington, calling it an "arbitrary measure. "
The ministry said Washington has violated Vienna diplomatic agreements by expelling the staff, adding that the decision " exposes the real goals of America against Syria and the interests of the Syrian people."
The ministry further accused the U.S. of supporting terrorism and bloodshed in Syria. On Tuesday, the United States ordered the Syrian government to immediately suspend its embassy in Washington and consulates throughout the country.
The U.S. ordered Syrian diplomats at the embassy and consulates who are not legal U.S. residents to leave the country, Daniel Rubinstein, the U.S. special envoy for Syria, said in a statement.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 2411
- online: 206
- total: 3851024