Damascus, March 19th (RHC) -- Syria's Foreign Ministry criticized the U.S. administration on Wednesday for suspending Syria's diplomatic mission in Washington, calling it an "arbitrary measure. "
The ministry said Washington has violated Vienna diplomatic agreements by expelling the staff, adding that the decision " exposes the real goals of America against Syria and the interests of the Syrian people."
The ministry further accused the U.S. of supporting terrorism and bloodshed in Syria. On Tuesday, the United States ordered the Syrian government to immediately suspend its embassy in Washington and consulates throughout the country.
The U.S. ordered Syrian diplomats at the embassy and consulates who are not legal U.S. residents to leave the country, Daniel Rubinstein, the U.S. special envoy for Syria, said in a statement.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 2643
- online: 154
- total: 4372968