Beijing, July 10 (Telam-RHC) -- China will encourage Argentina to be admitted to the emerging powers group BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India and China and South Africa), as well as Mexico, Indonesia and Australia, said a top official of the Chinese Foreign Office.
"The BRICS will favor the developing countries and the emerging markets under current circumstances, to strengthen its unity and collaboration capacity; among them contributing to the inclusion, opening and stability of the economy and world financing," said Li Baodong, deputy director-general of the Latin America and the Caribbean Department at the Chinese Foreign Office.
He said that "under this mechanism of unity through consultations, China will uphold an open attitude in the cooperation and the increase of BRICS members, in this case Argentina."
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2556
- online: 213
- total: 6625447