Lima, November 6 (RHC-Andina) -- Peru and Venezuela will co-chair the Social Pre-COP on Climate Change that will bring together ministers and civil society representatives as part of a preparatory meeting prior to the Twentieth Conference of the Parties (COP20), to be held in Lima, Peru next month.
Peru’s Environment Minister Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, who serves as president of COP 20, will travel to Caracas and Margarita Island on November 6-7 to attend the meeting.
The Social Pre-COP on Climate Change is a Venezuelan initiative aimed at promoting consultations among Ministers of State and civil society members in order to review proposals made by that country on negotiations towards COP20.
“This preparatory meeting ahead of COP20 will include high-level representatives of the main negotiating teams that will meet to discuss the principal topics of negotiation to be addressed at COP20/CMP10," states a decree by Peru’s Ministry of Environment.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 2008
- online: 170
- total: 5444938