Lima, November 6 (RHC-Andina) -- Peru and Venezuela will co-chair the Social Pre-COP on Climate Change that will bring together ministers and civil society representatives as part of a preparatory meeting prior to the Twentieth Conference of the Parties (COP20), to be held in Lima, Peru next month.
Peru’s Environment Minister Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, who serves as president of COP 20, will travel to Caracas and Margarita Island on November 6-7 to attend the meeting.
The Social Pre-COP on Climate Change is a Venezuelan initiative aimed at promoting consultations among Ministers of State and civil society members in order to review proposals made by that country on negotiations towards COP20.
“This preparatory meeting ahead of COP20 will include high-level representatives of the main negotiating teams that will meet to discuss the principal topics of negotiation to be addressed at COP20/CMP10," states a decree by Peru’s Ministry of Environment.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 1191
- online: 125
- total: 4487043