Panama City, February 24 (RHC-Xinhua) -- Panama has seized cocaine at a port in the northern province of Colon worth US$70 million on the black market, local authorities said Monday.
The cache included 600 packets of cocaine hidden inside a shipping container aboard a vessel that had arrived from Canada and was on its way to Belgium.
So far this year, authorities have seized about 1.3 tons of drugs at various ports around the country.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4844
- today: 3139
- online: 175
- total: 6755364