Paris, March 23 (Xinhua-RHC) -- Paris began on Monday to restrict car use as a measure to fight surging air pollution, with police checking car plate numbers on the streets.
Only cars with an uneven number, electric or hybrid vehicles and vehicles with more than three people on board are allowed to drive on Monday, while public transport is free for the entire day.
Anyone who refuses to obey the restrictions faces a fine of 22 euros (23.93 U.S. dollars).
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 1402
- online: 183
- total: 3835372