Ottawa, December 9 (RHC)-- In Canada, three activists have been arrested after they forced pipeline giant Enbridge to shut down one of its major oil pipelines by locking themselves to equipment at a valve site.
The pipeline transports more than 12 million gallons of Alberta tar sands and Bakken crude oil to refineries in the east coast every day. The pipeline has long been opposed by First Nations and environmental activists, who are concerned about spills and the impact of continued fossil fuel extraction on climate change.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 2022
- online: 108
- total: 5148057