Ottawa, December 9 (RHC)-- In Canada, three activists have been arrested after they forced pipeline giant Enbridge to shut down one of its major oil pipelines by locking themselves to equipment at a valve site.
The pipeline transports more than 12 million gallons of Alberta tar sands and Bakken crude oil to refineries in the east coast every day. The pipeline has long been opposed by First Nations and environmental activists, who are concerned about spills and the impact of continued fossil fuel extraction on climate change.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4656
- today: 4251
- online: 216
- total: 3848295