Guatemala's former President Otto Perez Molina
Guatemala City, March 10 (RHC-teleSUR) -- A key witness confirmed Wednesday in court that Guatemala's former President Otto Perez Molina and Vice President Roxana Baldetti led the corruption ring that has shaken the country over the past year.
Baldetti's private secretary Juan Carlos Monzon confirmed the version given the day before by Guatemalan businessman Salvador Gonzalez, who the court considers the leader of the bribery scheme, but is now considering granting him protection as a key witness.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4283
- online: 225
- total: 6665100