Santo Domingo, August 8 (RHC)-- Cubans and Dominicans celebrated the 90th birthday of Cuban revolution Leader Fidel Castro, to be marked on August 13th.
The ceremony took place over the weekend at the Cuban embassy in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic.
Cuban Ambassador Carlos de la Nuez said that Fidel is a natural born leader, who stood out from a young age. He added that Fidel is a follower of National Hero José Martí, and of different generations of revolutionaries, who fought for Cuba's independence and sovereignty for over a century.
The Cuban diplomat went on to say that on the initiative of Fidel, and following Martí's ideas of unity and solidarity among nations and peoples, Cuba maintains cooperation relations with other nations of the world. He added that 600 young Dominicans have been trained in Cuba, 500 of them as doctors and the rest as sports professionals.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 2403
- online: 206
- total: 4080884