Vienna, September 27 (RHC)-- Cuba and Russia have signed a new accord that provides for further use of nuclear energy with peaceful purposes.
The agreement was signed Monday in Vienna, Austria, in the framework of the 60th General Conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
Cuba's Deputy Minister for Science, technology and the Environment José Fidel Santana, signed the accord with Sergey Kirienko, Director of Russia's State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM.
Santana explained that the agreement will facilitate a framework for joint Cuba-Russia projects, specially related to the use of nuclear energy in the health and agri-food sectors.
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 20
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 3151
- online: 124
- total: 6271365