UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon
New York, October 6 (RHC)-- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon praised Cuba's hurricane early-warning system, and the measures adopted by authorities at all levels to confront Hurricane Mathew, the worst storm to hit the Caribbean in the past several years.
The UN chief commended specifically the coordinated work carried out by weather forecast experts, Cuba Civil Defense, and authorities well in advance of the landfall of the category-4 hurricane toward the preservation of life, property and economic resources.
- Cuba calls on the international community to prevent a military intervention against Venezuela
- President Díaz-Canel says Cubans respond to Trump with peace and supporting their new Constitution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3697
- today: 1665
- online: 147
- total: 5662375