UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon
New York, October 6 (RHC)-- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon praised Cuba's hurricane early-warning system, and the measures adopted by authorities at all levels to confront Hurricane Mathew, the worst storm to hit the Caribbean in the past several years.
The UN chief commended specifically the coordinated work carried out by weather forecast experts, Cuba Civil Defense, and authorities well in advance of the landfall of the category-4 hurricane toward the preservation of life, property and economic resources.
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's segment 'The Jazz Place'
- RHC's national and international news stories
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8030
- today: 7480
- online: 227
- total: 7319686