UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon
New York, October 6 (RHC)-- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon praised Cuba's hurricane early-warning system, and the measures adopted by authorities at all levels to confront Hurricane Mathew, the worst storm to hit the Caribbean in the past several years.
The UN chief commended specifically the coordinated work carried out by weather forecast experts, Cuba Civil Defense, and authorities well in advance of the landfall of the category-4 hurricane toward the preservation of life, property and economic resources.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 20
- online: 20
- total: 5861793