UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon
New York, October 6 (RHC)-- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon praised Cuba's hurricane early-warning system, and the measures adopted by authorities at all levels to confront Hurricane Mathew, the worst storm to hit the Caribbean in the past several years.
The UN chief commended specifically the coordinated work carried out by weather forecast experts, Cuba Civil Defense, and authorities well in advance of the landfall of the category-4 hurricane toward the preservation of life, property and economic resources.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 3686
- online: 113
- total: 6064764