Baracoa, October 6 (RHC)-- Recovery efforts have begun in the eastern municipality of Baracoa, one of the areas hardest hit by Tuesday's passage of Hurricane Matthew, with brigades of volunteer workers from sectors such as construction, sanitation, telecommunications and energy arriving from all across Cuba to assist in reestablishing basic services as soon as possible.
Brigades of electricians from Las Tunas, Camagüey and Guantánamo have joined recovery efforts in Baracoa and five brigades are working simultaneously to clear roads and remove debris, while construction workers have already begun to demolish non-salvageable dwellings.
Authorities assured those evacuated --more than 377 thousand people--will remain in the shelters for as long as necessary until the situation returns to normal.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6007
- today: 3240
- online: 182
- total: 8263624