Havana, October 31 (RHC/acn)-- More than one thousand experts from around the world are gathering in Havana for the First International Convention on Science and Technology, organized by the Cuban Science, Technology and Environment Ministry.
The forum extends until Friday and includes 10 parallel events. At least 750 papers will be presented and there will be an exhibit fair. Designed for a comprehensive approach, ranging from innovation to product commercialization, the Havana science convention will stress on sciences and their application on society, according to the organizing committee.
According to Prensa Latina news agency, several world personalities will be at hand during the congress, such as Alberto Majo, general secretary of the Ibero-American Scientific and Technological Program for Development and Anil Kumar executive vice-president of the National Innovation Foundation of India.
Cuban scientist Agustin Lage, who heads the Havana- based Molecular Immunology Center will make a presentation on the Cuban biotechnology sector and experience.
Participants to the Congress come from 30 countries.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 1154
- online: 203
- total: 3835124