Cienfuegos, December 21 (RHC)-- Cuban university students paid tribute to late revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, during a ceremony Tuesday in Cienfuegos province, marking the 94th anniversary of their organization – the federation of University Students (FEU).
At the solemn ceremony, the students, representing Cuban youth, reaffirmed their firm determination to uphold the banner of socialism and the ideas of the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, who died on November 25th.
FEU President and member of the Cuban Council of State, Jennifer Bello Martínez, said "the 94th anniversary of the student organization has a special connotation as it is the first one after Fidel's death, and stressed that Cuban youth will remain loyal to the revolutionary leader's legacy. She said: “Fidel always placed his confidence in university students, always debated any idea he had with us, because he knew that Cuban youth would continue his legacy and the Revolution that he started 58 years ago."
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with foreign ministry officials
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Aragón Orchestra)
- U.S. Congressional Delegation Visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 260
- online: 118
- total: 4361742