Havana, February 13 (RHC/Hotel News Resource)-- Kempinski announced that it will open its first hotel in Cuba in the second quarter of this year. The Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana features 246 rooms and suites and is located within the historic Manzana de Gómez building in the heart of Old Havana - a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Kempinski Hotels S.A. is Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, based in Geneva. Kempinski Hotels has just signed a management contract with the Grupo de Turismo Gaviota SA.
"We are very pleased to be opening this outstanding hotel in the spring," says Markus Semer, Chairman of the Management Board and CEO of Kempinski Hotels. "The opening is a continuation of our pioneering spirit as the Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana will be Cuba's first modern luxury five-star hotel. And its location within a famous historic building currently makes it the most exclusive hotel project in Old Havana."
"For us, it is important to gain new partners who are internationally renowned, to manage our hotels, for this reason Kempinski was selected to take care of our new hotel in Havana," adds Carlos M. Latuff, Executive President Grupo de Turismo Gaviota SA. "With its impeccable 120-year history, European-style luxury and extraordinary quality, Europe's oldest luxury hotel group Kempinski is a perfect fit with the Manzana de Gómez. Constructed at the beginning of the 20th century, as Cuba's first European-style shopping arcade, it is an iconic building in an important historical area. Together with Kempinski we will make this jewel the city's leading luxury hotel," he continues.
Even before it has opened, the Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski La Habana is causing much excitement – not only in Cuba. Guests can choose from 246 luxury rooms and suites, ranging in size from 40 to the stunning presidential suite's 150 square meters – all with ceilings of four to five meters. The rooftop terrace and swimming pool, with views over the old town, are just one of the many highlights. There will be a spa managed by Resense, which offers guests more than 1,000 square meters of pure relaxation, together with a choice of three restaurants, a lobby bar, cigar lounge, and a business center makes sure guests will have everything they need for a truly memorable stay.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 1518
- online: 123
- total: 5035413