Havana, February 5 (RHC)-- The Cuban government announced the resumption of visas for Paraguayan youths interested in taking medical courses on the island.
According to IP news agency, the Cuban embassy in Paraguay confirmed the availability of two scholarships, which can be applied for until February 19th.
Paraguay's Youth minister Marcelo Soto said that although there are only two scholarships, the initiative marks the resumption of the program, which had been suspended under the previous Paraguayan government.
Soto said that actions are being taken to increase to 25 the number of scholarships over the next few years. The scholarships are granted to students with good scholastic records, who come from low income families.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 4336
- online: 209
- total: 4087059