Havana, Feb 22 (RHC -- Cuban university students will collaborate in the general elections to be held on the island on March 11, an action that will contribute to the transparency of this electoral process, local press reported Wednesday.
According to Gil Ramón González, member of the National Electoral Commission (CEN), more than 6,000 students will participate in this activity, in which they will acquire new experiences for their teaching and scientific preparation.
'The students assume the political tasks, learn about the running of, and become familiar with, the Cuban electoral process. It is a formative interest of the Ministry of Higher Education,' González said. When those students work as collaborators in the elections, they are contributing to the transparency and success of the electoral decision-making process in the country.
González noted that the students are not electoral authorities and will be led by their university professors.
- RHC's Corner Taken Quickly
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 13
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: None of the measures we are implementing are improvised
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #5 Sept. 13
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show Sept. 13
- Cuba will never renounce its solidarity with Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3080
- today: 1800
- online: 131
- total: 6363453