Havana, Feb 22 (RHC -- Cuban university students will collaborate in the general elections to be held on the island on March 11, an action that will contribute to the transparency of this electoral process, local press reported Wednesday.
According to Gil Ramón González, member of the National Electoral Commission (CEN), more than 6,000 students will participate in this activity, in which they will acquire new experiences for their teaching and scientific preparation.
'The students assume the political tasks, learn about the running of, and become familiar with, the Cuban electoral process. It is a formative interest of the Ministry of Higher Education,' González said. When those students work as collaborators in the elections, they are contributing to the transparency and success of the electoral decision-making process in the country.
González noted that the students are not electoral authorities and will be led by their university professors.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3541
- today: 2880
- online: 146
- total: 5762245