Cuban Tourism minitser, Manuel Marrero. (File Phopto)
Havana, March 7 (RHC)-- Cuba intends to participate with a high-level mission in the Berlin ITB 2018 tourism convention. The Cuban Ministry of Tourism said the delegation will be chaired by Minister Manuel Marrero and will include top executives from all four major Cuban hotel chains--Gran Caribe, Cubanacan, Islazul,and Gaviota.
This is the 51st edition of the Berlin International Tourism Fair ITB, taking place from 7 to 11 March at its usual venue in that German capital.
The German tourism market was Cuba's fourth largest in 2017, with nearly half a million visitors.
At the ITB fair Cuba will showcase what it has described as an expanded tourism product of sun and sand and a hotel infrastructure renovated to the highest international standards.
The Cuba Destination stand at the ITB fair will extend over 176 square meters and will display elements of Cuban identity , including Cuban music and the making of Habano cigars.
The Berlin ITB convention is considered the world's largest tourism trade fair. Companies represented in it include hotels, tourist boards, tour operators, system providers, airlines and car rental companies.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2823
- today: 3053
- online: 117
- total: 5417113