Havana, December 13 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel reaffirmed Cuba's commitment to regional integration, as the country gets ready to host the 16th Summit of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America – Peoples' Trade Agreement (ALBA-TCP).
In a post on his Twitter account, the Cuban leader stated: 'Havana will awaken tomorrow as the site of the 16th ALBA-TCP Summit, 14 years after the organization was founded by Comandantes Fidel Castro y Hugo Chávez in 2004. We reaffirm our willingness to consolidate Latin American and Caribbean integration.'
The anniversary of the founding of the bloc -- which includes Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Dominica -- will be celebrated during the Summit.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4450
- today: 3472
- online: 166
- total: 6513442