Havana, December 14 (RHC)-- The 16th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples' of Our America -- People's Trade Agreement (ALBA-TCP) is being held in the Cuban capital on Friday.
This year's summit pays homage to the group’s founders, Fidel Castro and Hugo Chávez, “two visionary brothers,” according to David Choquehuanca, ALBA-TCP secretary general.
The meeting is taking place on this date to commemorate the bloc’s foundation back in 2004 by these two Latin American leaders.
Choquehuanca noted that ALBA-TCP is important at a time when “dark forces long for the return of neocolonialism, because division came to our continent with colonialism, along with racism, the culture of division and war.”
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4738
- today: 1449
- online: 169
- total: 6772005