Russia´s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov
Havana, July 19 (RHC)—Russia´s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov will tour Latin American countries from July 23 through July 27.
According to the announcement made by the Russian Foreign Ministry, Lavrov will pay official visits to Cuba on July 23-24 and Suriname on July 26-27 and will also attend the meeting of foreign ministers from Brazil, Russia, India and South Africa (BRICS) scheduled for July 25-26 in Rio de Janeiro.
On July 24, Sergey Lavrov will hold talks with his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla in Havana. The ministers are expected to discuss the most important issues on the bilateral, international and regional agendas. Lavrov also plans to have several meetings with other Cuban leaders.
At their meeting in Rio de Janeiro, the foreign ministers will look into issues on the international and regional agendas, such as efforts to maintain peace and security and resolve violent international conflicts.
They will also focus on ways to coordinate the approaches of the BRICS countries in key multilateral forums, step up joint work to counter terrorism and transnational organized crime and ensure international information security.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4501
- today: 492
- online: 120
- total: 6627884