Havana, January 16 (RHC)--The President of the National Assembly and the Council of State of Cuba, Esteban Lazo Hernández, has sent a message to the Speaker of the House of Representatives of Australia, Tony Smith, expressing his deep sorrow at the consequences of the devastating fires in that country.
Lazo Hernández regretted the loss of human lives, the damage to the nation's ecosystem, the death of millions of animals and the severe economic damage caused by this major disaster.
Meanwhile, Australians are celebrating the arrival of much-needed rain in parts of the nation's bushfire-ravaged south-east. Though more wet weather is needed to end the fires, the rain has brought a welcome reprieve to many areas. Other parts, however, have not been as lucky.
Storms have also helped disperse smoke in Melbourne, which has endured hazardous air quality in recent days.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8111
- today: 1076
- online: 164
- total: 7390630