Havana, February 14 (RHC) The 12th International Congress University 2020 is concluding this Friday in Havana with the commitment of its more than two thousand delegates to the implementation of the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
In five days of debates at the Havana Convention Center, the importance of the goals of this global development plan approved by the United Nations General Assembly and signed by 193 member countries was recognized.
Representatives from 50 countries shared good practices, experiences, and outlined the challenges facing their universities and nations, in most cases affected by the economic crisis that directly affects education worldwide.
On the closing day, there will be the panel 'Martí, Che and Fidel. The university and sustainable development', with a special presentation by Doctor Eduardo Torres Cuevas, director of the Marti's Program Office and president of the José Martí Cultural Society.
The former rector of the University of Havana and former Minister of Higher Education of Cuba, Dr. Juan Vela Valdés, is also scheduled in the program.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9107
- today: 3634
- online: 204
- total: 7376204