Havana, May 1 (RHC) -- More than 600,000 Cubans participated in the May Day parade held at the iconic Plaza de la Revolución in Havana, presided over by President Raul Castro and other senior government officials.
The secretary general of the Confederation of Cuban Workers,the CTC, Ulises Guilarte, called on the country's workers to increase efficiency and productivity, which he said, is vital for the success of the socio-economic reforms underway in the Caribbean island.
The head of the CTC added: “The presence of more than one million workers today is the most genuine message of unity and support for the Revolution, Fidel and Raul and our conviction to continue defending a free and sovereign Cuba.”
Furthermore, the union leader reiterated Cuba's support for Venezuela and its constitutional president, Nicolas Maduro, and also condemned the economic blockade imposed on Cuba by the United States.
Similar parades took place in all major Cuban cities, in which the labor movement reaffirmed its support for ongoing socio-economic tranformations, which aim to make Cuban socialism a sustainable and prosperous model.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 5757
- online: 228
- total: 8090885