Panama City, July 2 (RHC) -- Cuban Vice President and Comptroller General Gladys Bejerano met on Tuesday with the members of the island’s diplomatic mission in Panama to update them on different aspects related to her work.
Bejerano attended the inauguration of new Panamanian president Juan Carlos Varela, who met with her to address different bilateral issues.
During the meeting with the Cuban diplomats, the Comptroller General explained that her office is preparing a report on its work since it was founded five years ago along with its upcoming working agenda.
She said the comptroller’s office is not only aimed at detecting crimes but also to prevent them and improve management and administration actions.
Bejerano also briefed the diplomats on the country’s economic realities and the ongoing implementation of the social and economic guidelines aimed at updating the Cuban economic model, including the new foreign investment law that came into effect in late May.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 1091
- online: 118
- total: 4367104