Panama City, July 2 (RHC) -- Cuban Vice President and Comptroller General Gladys Bejerano met on Tuesday with the members of the island’s diplomatic mission in Panama to update them on different aspects related to her work.
Bejerano attended the inauguration of new Panamanian president Juan Carlos Varela, who met with her to address different bilateral issues.
During the meeting with the Cuban diplomats, the Comptroller General explained that her office is preparing a report on its work since it was founded five years ago along with its upcoming working agenda.
She said the comptroller’s office is not only aimed at detecting crimes but also to prevent them and improve management and administration actions.
Bejerano also briefed the diplomats on the country’s economic realities and the ongoing implementation of the social and economic guidelines aimed at updating the Cuban economic model, including the new foreign investment law that came into effect in late May.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3099
- online: 123
- total: 4841543