Pinar del Rio, July 21 (PL-RHC) -- Known for its rural sites and the excellent quality of its tobacco, Pinar del Rio promotes rural tourism as a leisure option, involving the agricultural activities of the province located in the far west of Cuba, according to specialists.
Ivania Diaz, an expert in tourist marketing, told Prensa Latina news agency that as part of that strategy, rural tourism options are being defined and redesigned, including the Tobacco Route, a tour across tobacco fields with accommodations provided.
The Tobacco Route includes fields of the San Luis and San Juan y Martinez municipalities, which are famous for their skilled farmers and the good quality of the soil.
Pinar del Rio, 140 kilometers west of Havana, promotes adventure, natural and rural tourism options as distinctive choices.
According to Diaz, there are 40 rural tourism options in the province, mainly in the Viñales National Park, the protected area of Mil Cumbres (One Thousand Summits) and the reserve Sabanalamar-San Ubaldo, where a peculiar forest on white sands is located.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 1591
- online: 133
- total: 4475271