Havana, August 26 (RHC) -– One million 800,000 students will be at their desks in Cuban schools on September 1st as the 2014-2015 school years opens on the island, according to preliminary figures cited by Education minister Ena Elsa Velasquez.
In all, 10,366 schools will open for the new school year with over 172,000 teachers and professors, the official noted.
The new course adds to its technical and professional formation agenda new courses, such mid-level technicians in city planning, laboratory and basic specialties for the Cuban pharmaceutical industry.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 1268
- online: 126
- total: 5042432