Havana, August 26 (RHC) -– One million 800,000 students will be at their desks in Cuban schools on September 1st as the 2014-2015 school years opens on the island, according to preliminary figures cited by Education minister Ena Elsa Velasquez.
In all, 10,366 schools will open for the new school year with over 172,000 teachers and professors, the official noted.
The new course adds to its technical and professional formation agenda new courses, such mid-level technicians in city planning, laboratory and basic specialties for the Cuban pharmaceutical industry.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11072
- today: 3838
- online: 625
- total: 7056440