London, September 9 (RHC) -— Activists with the Solidarity-with-Cuba campaign in the UK have called emergency meetings to protest the denial once again by British authorities of an entry visa for Cuban anti-terrorist Rene Gonzalez.
Gonzalez and his wife, Olga Salanueva, were invited to London on the occasion of the 16th anniversary on September 12th of his arrest in the United States -- along Fernando Gonzalez, Gerardo Hernandez, Ramon Labañino and Antonio Guerrero, known as the Cuban Five.
British authorities denied Gonzalez an entry visa last March when he was scheduled to attend a fact-finding commission that held sessions in London on the case of the five Cubans. On that occasion, Gonzalez was to give his testimony about the violations committed during their trial in Miami, where they were given extremely long prison sentences.
According to the solidarity organization, Olga Salanueva will expose the current situation in meetings that will take place this week.
Rene Gonzalez, who currently is visiting Portugal and France, was denied the visa to London, although he was invited by 29 British legislators to a meeting at the British Parliament and also to the Trade Union Congress in Liverpool.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 24 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 23 , 2020
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6548
- today: 3672
- online: 456
- total: 8030530