Havana, September 16 (RHC)-- Cuba is celebrating the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer. The venue of the main activities is the José Martí Memorial here in Havana, which will be attended by United Nations Resident Coordinator to Cuba, Myrta Kaulard, and Ozone Technical Office Director Nelson Espinoza.
Activities include reading a report on Cuba's improvements to carry out a plan to phase out ozone-depleting substances and the nation's achievements on Montreal Protocol objectives. The theme for this year's celebration is “Ozone Layer Protection: The Mission Continues.”
Experts will discuss the latest scientific evaluation of this fragile shield of gas, which protects the Earth from the harmful portion of sun rays, thus helping preserve life on the planet.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1301
- online: 137
- total: 5648381