Havana, September 16 (RHC)-- Cuba is celebrating the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer. The venue of the main activities is the José Martí Memorial here in Havana, which will be attended by United Nations Resident Coordinator to Cuba, Myrta Kaulard, and Ozone Technical Office Director Nelson Espinoza.
Activities include reading a report on Cuba's improvements to carry out a plan to phase out ozone-depleting substances and the nation's achievements on Montreal Protocol objectives. The theme for this year's celebration is “Ozone Layer Protection: The Mission Continues.”
Experts will discuss the latest scientific evaluation of this fragile shield of gas, which protects the Earth from the harmful portion of sun rays, thus helping preserve life on the planet.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 3165
- online: 122
- total: 4930868