Lisbon, October 28 (RHC-PL) -- Portuguese organizations have condemned the U.S. economic, commercial and financial blockade against Cuba.
The Cuba-Portugal Association carried out a colloquium called "The economic war against Cuba: Reasons, Objectives and Consequences," as part of several solidarity initiatives to denounce that hostile U.S. policy.
Patricia Bastos, board member of the Club Estefanía, venue of the event, stressed that in spite of economic hardships, it is amazing how the island manages to achieve high markers of human development.
Meanwhile, the president of the Cuba-Portugal Association, Augusto Fidalgo said the blockade continuously violates international law and the UN Charter, and constitutes an act of war against Cuba.
Moreover, the Cuban ambassador to Portugal, Johana Tablada thanked the enduring solidarity of thousands of Portuguese and briefed participants on the impact of the blockade on the daily lives of Cubans.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 1213
- online: 125
- total: 4944057