Lisbon, October 28 (RHC-PL) -- Portuguese organizations have condemned the U.S. economic, commercial and financial blockade against Cuba.
The Cuba-Portugal Association carried out a colloquium called "The economic war against Cuba: Reasons, Objectives and Consequences," as part of several solidarity initiatives to denounce that hostile U.S. policy.
Patricia Bastos, board member of the Club Estefanía, venue of the event, stressed that in spite of economic hardships, it is amazing how the island manages to achieve high markers of human development.
Meanwhile, the president of the Cuba-Portugal Association, Augusto Fidalgo said the blockade continuously violates international law and the UN Charter, and constitutes an act of war against Cuba.
Moreover, the Cuban ambassador to Portugal, Johana Tablada thanked the enduring solidarity of thousands of Portuguese and briefed participants on the impact of the blockade on the daily lives of Cubans.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 1736
- online: 135
- total: 4479325