Havana, December 19 (RHC) -– The Cuban National Assembly of People's Power convened this Friday morning here in Havana to debate the island's economic plan for 2015. The session was presided over by Cuban President Raul Castro.
The Cuban head of state is slated to give an evening address to close the session, which was also attended by the "Cuban Five," the group of anti-terrorism fighters jailed in the United States since 1998 and whose last three members were released Wednesday in a prisoner exchange.
During the 4th Session of the 8th Legislature underway at Havana's Convention Center, some 600 lawmakers from all 168 Cuban municipalities reviewed the economic results in 2014 as well as a draft economic plan for next year. They also evaluated the budget performance and then moved to approve a new budget plan.
High on the agenda is the report on the implementation of the guidelines adopted by the 6th Communist Party Congress, namely the ongoing reform of Cuba's economic and social model.
The session took place after three days of work by the Parliament´s 10 permanent commissions, which evaluated different issues of crucial importance for the country.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 2369
- online: 130
- total: 6143520